Dragonfly Forest is moving to a new location! We are really excited about this change, and the programming possibilities at the new facility. In the summer of 2013, we will hold camp at The National Christian Conference Center at InHill Farm in Valley Forge (18 Miles from Philadelphia).
Scott Arizala, VP of Summer Programming stated, "the new facility will give us the ability to mix the traditional rustic feel of camp programming at a modern facility." He continued, "our programming staff is excited about the amount of outdoor space that we will have that can be used to create a camp experience, while the indoor space is there to support the programming when needed."
Here are some of the amenities at the new facility:
- Over 25 acres of wooded space
- Miles of trails and cool places to explore
- Climate controlled, hotel style housing for campers, volunteers and staff
- Individual bathrooms per sleeping unit
- Outdoor camping venues
- Large outdoor campfire venue
- Dedicated medical facility on campus with a Triage/Wellness Center in the housing area
- A heated outdoor swimming pool
- A full flock of sheep on premise
- A new Dragonfly Forest specially designed high and low ropes course
- Hangout and Quiet Areas for Campers and Staff
- A Food Service Program designed to accommodate everyone's dining needs
- Minutes away from local and regional hospitals in case of medical emergencies
- Specialty Housing for Medical and Leadership Staff
"Perhaps the most exciting part of Dragonfly Forest's new home is that it will allow us to develop new and exciting programs, and gives us the ability to grow to serve more kids into the future," stated Fred Weiner, Dragonfly Forest President.